'All-in-2' (AI2) nappy: Sail Away
Baby Tree AI2 nappy!
Our brand new Kiwi designed all-in-two (AI2) velcro nappy!
- Comes with triple layer bamboo terry insert (as standard) that folds out to give 6 layers of absorbency!
- 1 x nappy outer shell, 1 x standard bamboo AI2 insert
Our Kiwi designed all-in-two (AI2) velcro nappy! Very similar to our original all-in-one (AIO) pocket nappy, the new AI2 features a detachable insert. This is a cost effective method of using modern cloth nappies, as the absorbent insert can be snapped in and out of the waterproof outer. This allows quicker drying times and the ability to re-use an outer shell faster by snapping in a new insert.
Our nappy has a triple layer bamboo terry insert (as standard) that folds out to further cut down on drying time! Bamboo is naturally anti-bacterial and up to 80% more absorbent than cotton.
The Baby Tree Nappies are less bulky around your babies booty, have more room in the cover for an overnight booster and are a better fit all round! They are a one-size* nappy, allowing the nappy to grow with baby from birth through to potty training, just use the adjustable poppers on the front. With handy Velcro tabs for fast simple nappy changes. Available in a range of cool designs!!
Some of the features of our Baby Tree Nappies:
- A tri-layer bamboo terry insert (as standard) that is removable and folds out flat to cut down on drying time! You get 6 layers of great bamboo absorbency with the drying time of 3 layers!
- An option to upgrade to our "thirsty" hemp/bamboo insert!
- 2 layers of bamboo on the outside for quick absorption with a double layer hemp core for extra absorption and more "holding ability" with less risk of compression leaks when really wet!
- Folded into the nappy gives you 8 layers altogether (so approximately 30% more absorbency compared to our standard insert!)
- Fantastic for longer naps, long car rides or even with a booster at night (depending on how heavy a wetter bub is!)
- AI2: insert is detachable if desired for easy drying (snap out the insert and pop it in the dryer or outside without worrying about the PUL cover!
- Alternatively, keep it snapped in and it will act as out AIO and remain together in the wash!
- Our AI2 design can be an even more cost effective method of using modern cloth nappies, as the absorbent insert can be snapped in and out of the waterproof outer.
- This allows quicker drying times and the ability to re-use an outer shell faster by snapping in a new insert once the shell is dry (shell doesn't have absorbency so dries a lot quicker than the inserts)
- The one size fits most design allows a good fit from approximately* 4 kg to 15 kg+ by adjusting the rise snaps on the front of the nappy.
- Handy Velcro design means easy, quicker nappy changes for everyone (especially popular with wiggly babies or people not experienced using snaps)
- Large pocket for those times when you need extra absorbency
- Also compatible with our brand new "thirsty" inserts: 2 bamboo and 2 hemp layers! These inserts can be purchased seperately and snapped in (in place of usual bamboo insert) for those times you need a little extra absorbency!
*True for most, but due to the wide range of babies’ shapes and sizes, this cannot be guaranteed.
Baby Tree AI2 'thirsty' inserts.
These are a 2 x bamboo and 2 x hemp layered insert that doubles over and snaps together. This gives you the absorption of 8 layers, while only needing the drying time of 4!!They combine the ultra absorbency of hemp, with the fast absorption rate of bamboo - this is a great combination to absorb a lot of liquid, at a faster rate than hemp alone.
These are designed to 'snap in' to our brand new AI2 nappies, and can be used for those situations that need a bit of extra absorbency!
Hemp is a highly absorbent, natural fabric. It does take a little longer to dry than some other fabrics on the market, which is why we don’t use it in all our inserts, but it is a fabulous option as a booster, or for those children/situations that need a little bit of extra absorbency! Our hemp/bamboo inserts are ideal for heavy wetters, night time*, or situations that may need just a little longer between nappy changes! The 4 layers of bamboo ensure any liquid is absorbed quickly (to avoid leaks from 'flooding' when a lot of liquid is released at once), and the hemp layers are ultra absorbent to ensure the nappy lasts longer and absorbs more!
Wash before use. You will find that hemp gets more absorbent the more you use it during the first few washes as well!
*These inserts absorb more than a standard Baby Tree bamboo insert, however you may still need an extra booster for night time use depending on absorption needed.
Micro-fleece liner x 1
Keep baby's bottom drier (they don't absorb moisture and allow moisture to pass through to the nappy)
Make the removal of poo from the nappy much easier
Protect your nappies from barrier cream